Effects of various elements in materials
1. Carbon (C): Improve the strength of steel parts, but with the increase of carbon content, the plasticity and toughness decrease.
2. Manganese (Mn): Improves the strength of steel and improves hardenability to a certain extent,
but too much manganese is detrimental to ductility and weldability.
3. Nickel (Ni): Improve the strength of steel parts, improve the toughness at low temperature,
improve the resistance to atmospheric corrosion, and can ensure stable heat treatment effect
and reduce the effect of hydrogen embrittlement.
4. Chromium (Cr): It can improve hardenability, improve wear resistance, improve corrosion
resistance, and is conducive to maintaining strength at high temperatures.
5. Molybdenum (Mo): It can help control hardenability, reduce the sensitivity of steel to
temper brittleness, and have a great impact on improving tensile strength at high temperatures.
6. Boron (B): It can improve the hardenability and help the low carbon steel to have the
expected response to heat treatment.
7. Alum (V): refines austenite grains and improves toughness.
8. Silicon (Si): To ensure the strength of steel parts, appropriate content can improve
the plasticity and toughness of steel parts.